FREE DELIVERY Worldwide* on orders above € 220 (total order price)
STAY SAFE & BE WELL
VISIT OUR   FAQ   FOR COVID-19 UPDATES
Silk scarves, keeping your cool on a hot summer day
Whether you use them as garment or as a headpiece, Vlisco’s colourful silk scarves are guaranteed to brighten up your day. Treating your skin and hair with the care they deserve, our 100% fine silk scarves offer you an endless range of options for surprising fashion twists.
If you’re looking for ‘African print silk scarves’, look no further. Vlisco has a number of silk scarves for women or men, that can be used as garments or headpieces. Do you opt for the special edition floral Java design, a geometric layering of colourful lines or a rope design?
Fine silk scarves
These 100% silk neck scarves for women or men offer a number of advantages.
- silk is a natural material that regulates body temperature and holds moisture, keeping you cool and comfortable in any climate, year-round. In fact, silk absorbs so much moisture, that wealthy ancient romans used to wear it as a ‘focale’ or ‘sudarium’ (‘sweat cloth’) to keep their necks and faces dry when it was warm
- silk resists odors
- silk is naturally hypoallergenic and repels dust mites, mold & mildew,
- silk is very low-maintainence, you hardly need to wash it - if there are no stains, all you need to do is air your scarf
- silk is smooth, it prevents damaging your hair or skin
- silk is antibacterial, it helps keeping your skin free from the micro infections that can cause acne or rash
- silk is antistatic, preventing your hair from getting frizzy
- silk is biodegradable and can be recycled
- silk is a very light, but strong material. Perhaps this is why both Chinese and Croatian armies allegedly used to distinguish the higher ranks by giving them silk scarves, rather than cotton ones. When fighting with the French, these Croatian scarves where dubbed ‘cravats’. Over history, these silk neck scarves proved to be the precursor of the necktie.
Say it with Vlisco scarves!
Our unique designs separate them from the printed scarves of design houses like Burberry, Missoni, Alexander McQueen, Cole Haan, Chanel, Etro, Lanvin, Hermès, Nicole Miller, Ferragamo, Emilio Pucci, Dior, Fendi, Louis Vuitton and Prada. Our unique combination of eastern printing techniques, Dutch designs and African meaning, has given generations of women the chance to express themselves using the colours and symbols of the fabrics they wear.
You can find our silk scarves online, or watch instruction videos on how to tie them into a beautiful headwrap at Vlisco’s YouTube Channel.